What is SEO is a question most business owners ask today. If you are one of them then I have 3 questions for You
- Do you have a website or blog?
- Would you like to see it on Page 1 of Google?
- Want to know how to do it?
If the answer to all the 3 questions is “yes”, then I have the answer for you!
What is SEO?
How can you rank on Google’s page 1? The answer to the question: How can you rank on Google’s page 1 is with SEO or search engine optimization.
SEO stands for a set of practices which helps drive traffic to your website and climb to the top of Google rankings.
Think of Google as a librarian. When you ask Google about something, it will search the library and give you the book that is most likely to contain the information you want.
So how do you make sure that it is YOUR book that gets picked up when someone asks about something?
How does SEO work?
Your aim here is to write you book, the blurb, descriptions, the index and all other related information about it in such a way that the librarian can easily spot the required information when he looks at your book.
SEO does something similar to your website. It optimizes your website and it is so that when someone searches for some relevant keywords, Google can easily crawl through your website, spot the relevant information, and present it so that the surfer checks out what you have written.
So how does SEO help your website?
The more “searchable” your website and its content is greater the chances of Google pulling it up for relevant keywords. This means:
- More organic traffic
- Rising to the top of Google’s search results
- Building up your reputation.
Think about it: do you ever go beyond the first search results page? With good SEO, your website will feature at the top of search results. Think of how many clicks you are going to get!
What do you need to optimize on your website for SEO?
- Crawl accessibility- Optimize your website structure so that Google’s spiders can easily search it.
- Content- Create content that provides relevant information to the reader and provides answers to the questions they are searching for. This also ensures that your readers share or recommend your blog posts- which widens your reach.
- Keywords- Keywords attract search engines to your website when they search for related information.
- User experience: A fast and easy-to-navigate website.
- URLs, descriptions, images and snippets- gets you more click-through rate and increases your chances of featuring in Google snippets.
- What else goes into SEO? SEO is a vast field. Many things help your website stand out; like on-page SEO, off-page SEO, technical SEO, link building, etc. However, the basic aim remains the same- to get your website more traffic by helping it rise through Google’s search rankings.
Want to know more about SEO? So if you want to know more about SEO, subscribe to our channel. We will be there with the answers that you need. Thank you!